♥♫♪♫♪What doesn't kill you makes you stronger♫♪♫♪♥

17 February 2013

life

Life has been great since the beginning of 2013. I've been doing surprisingly well in my classes, and have been extremely busy with basketball. I love that I can help out with the teams and gain experience in the field I want to go into after I get my degree. It is definitely a blessing in disguise!

Honestly, however, I look forward to basketball all year long after the season finishes, but once it gets going, I can't wait for it to be over lol I look forward to it because it's something that I enjoy, but I can't wait for it to be done because there is so much other stuff going on that I have to miss out on because of basketball.

The girls are still doing great! They have already surpassed their win total from last year and are 16-9 overall and 9-3 in the Summit League. My lady jags are only the second team in the conference to sweep South Dakota State in a season since they joined the conference and they are playing so well as a team. I absolutely love having them in my life and they are an amazing second family. I don't know what I would do without them!

I feel the same way about the guys, but the guys aren't doing so well this season. It's disappointing, but there are always seasons like this one. I know that they will swing back from it either the next season, or the year after that. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress I know they will be making because it's something that I got to observe firsthand with the women's team.

While there are a lot of fantastic things going on in my life, I can't help but feel like I'm somehow stuck and haven't been able to get out of this rut that I feel that I'm in. I'm still living at home, I still go to as many of the high school athletic events as possible, I still don't have a license and therefore don't drive, I've never had a relationship that has lasted more than two months.

I love seeing all of my friends be happy, but sometimes I wish that I was in the same boat as them. I can't believe how many of my friends are getting married or having babies (yes, more than one). While I know that I am so beyond happy for all of these wonderful people, it's sad because I oftentimes feel so alone. Valentine's day is just another reminder for me that I'm alone, still. Luckily, I have an amazing sister (who's boyfriend is totally awesome) who was willing to be my valentine this year.

It's just so hard sometimes feeling like there's nobody out there for you, but I know that I will meet the most amazing guy when the time is right for me. I relish in the fact that Heavenly Father is saving the right guy for me, I just have to be patient. And, while I'm waiting, I know that I have to focus on loving myself, because I am amazing (not just saying that because I can lol). I know that I am a child of God and that someday, I will meet the man of my dreams. Until that day comes, I will love me for me...maybe that's what Heavenly Father is waiting for...maybe I have to learn to love myself and my Savior more than anything so that I can love with everything I am.

I love that I have such a strong testimony of the concept of temple marriages. I have seen it bless so many families, including my own. These blessings that I've seen from the covenants that are made in the temple give me something to look forward to. I simply cannot wait!

Hope all is well with everyone. I send all of my love!

~Allison

No comments: